President Donald J. Trump has shut down his blog, but don’t worry; it merely means something bigger and better may be on the way!
Although it was only launched only about a month ago, Trump’s communications platform has been shut down; his spokesman has told the press.
The 45th president’s website, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” which allowed him to provide his thoughts in Twitter-style posts that could then be shared on social media sites where he had been banned, “will not be returning,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller confirmed.
The site, which was launched in early May, “was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller said.
The site was meant to serve as “a place to speak freely and safely,” a statement from Team Trump said at the time. The Team said during the launch that it was working on developing the site further to give the former president the ability to communicate directly with the public.
The site, which cost a few thousand dollars to make and was put together for Mr. Trump by a company run by his former campaign manager Brad Parscale, was intended to be an online hub for supporters to see statements issued by the former president and communicate with him.
“In a time of silence and lies, a beacon of freedom arises,” a video introducing the platform last month advertised. “A place to speak freely and safely. Straight from the Desk of Donald J. Trump.”
Some are saying that Trump shut down the site due to low readership, but the former president himself has echoed Miller’s statement, implying that the site was always intended to be a stopgap method of communications before moving on to something bigger, better, and more “Trump.”
“This is meant to be a temporary way of getting my thoughts and ideas out to the public without the Fake News spin, but the website is not a ‘platform,’” he said in a statement. “It is merely a way of communicating until I decide on what the future will be for the choice or establishment of a platform.”
“Hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing,” Miller said when asked how to expect the former commander-in-chief to get his message out.
Asked on Twitter later Wednesday if the move to squelch the blog was a “precursor” to Trump joining “another social media platform,” Miller replied in the affirmative.
“Yes, actually, it is. Stay tuned!”
Once we know what that will be, we will be sure to share it enthusiastically with our readers!