MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of Fox News’ biggest sponsors, says he is pulling his ads “immediately and indefinitely” from the network.
In an interview with Brannon Howse of Worldview Weekend TV on Thursday, Lindell said he made the decision because Fox News refused to run a commercial for a symposium he said would prove his voter-fraud claims involving the 2020 election. Election officials – Democratic and Republican alike – have found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.
Lindell said his commercial would not have mentioned his claims of voter fraud, The Wall Street Journal reported.
-PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) July 30, 2021
His withdrawal from Fox News would be a blow to the network, which counted MyPillow as one of its biggest commercial sponsors.
“It’s unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on Fox News given the level of success he’s experienced in building his brand through advertising on the number-one cable-news network,” the network said in a statement to The Journal.
Lindell said his company spent almost $50 million on Fox News ads last year and dished out $19 million for spots this year, per The Journal.
“Shame on you, Fox! Go to Frankspeech.com,” Lindell wrote on his Facebook page on Friday, with a link to the Journal report.
The voting-machine company Dominion Voting Systems sued Lindell for $1.6 billion this year over his election-fraud claims, alleging defamation, and he has countersued. He has been an outspoken supporter of 2020 election-fraud theories. Barred from Twitter, he also launched his own social-media site and a rival to Amazon.